Build Your Future on a Solid Foundation

Gain Invaluable Work Experience in Canada!

Have you recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution? Are you set to graduate soon? Good news! You could be eligible for a once-off Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) once you’ve concluded your studies.

So, what opportunities can you open up with a work permit like this in your arsenal? A PGWP authorizes international students to find work in Canada, so you can build your work experience and portfolio.

The best part? This experience could prove vital to a Permanent Residence application later on!

If you are successful in your application for a PGWP, it may be issued for the entire duration of your study program (a minimum of eight months and a maximum of three years). However, its validity will fall away as soon as your program ends.

Let’s say you graduate from a three-year degree program: You could qualify for a three-year PGWP should you meet all the criteria. If you were to graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you could qualify for a PGWP that’s valid for a maximum of eight months. The common thread? All PGWPs must be obtained within a certain time frame once you’ve celebrated your graduation.

To find out if you are eligible for a PGWP, contact Canim Law today!


How Can We Help You?

Access our all-encompassing consultation for immigrants looking to move to Canada.