Get Your Spousal Open Work Permit ASAP

Let Your Family Share in Your Canadian Dream

Start Today

Working and living in Canada is a dream for many; but leaving family behind is a sacrifice most simply aren’t willing to make. Thankfully, you have the option to organize a spousal work permit for your significant other.

Certain managerial, executive, and professional highly skilled occupations are eligible for spousal work permits in Canada. If you’re applying for your own Canadian work permit as the principal applicant, then your partner may be able to apply for a spousal work permit in unison.

In certain cases, an open work permit may be applicable – meaning your spouse or common-law partner can accept any job from any employer using their work permit. With standard work permits, only employment with specific employers will be allowed.

It’s important to note that the employer may be required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which allows you to hire a specific person for a specific job.

To find out if your spouse or common-law partner’s employer needs an LMIA to hire them in Canada, contact Canim Law today!



How Can We Help You?

Access our all-encompassing consultation for immigrants looking to move to Canada.