Apply for Permanent Residence as A Foreign National

If you have been working in Canada as a foreign national for at least a year, then you could be eligible to apply for Canadian Experience Class. This means that you can apply for permanent residence based on your Canadian work experience. However, there are certain prerequisites you will need to meet should you wish to qualify:

  • At least one year of work experience in Canada (full-time, for a specific skill)
  • Work experience must have been obtained in three years preceding the application
  • Must meet certain language requirements
  • Must intend to settle outside of Quebec

The Canadian Experience Class program is managed through the Express Entry System, which leverages a points system to assess and rank candidates. The candidates with the highest number of points will be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada through the Express Entry system.

It is important to note that qualifying for the Canadian Experience Class program is only the first step in the process of immigrating to Canada. However, every successful immigration starts somewhere! Should you qualify for Canadian Experience Class, then you’ll need to create your Express Entry candidate profile. You’ll also need to receive your initiation to apply for permanent residence in Canada before you’ll be able to submit your application.

temporary resident visa canada, canadian temporary resident visa, canada temporary visa, temporary visa extension canada

How Can We Help You?

Access our all-encompassing consultation for immigrants looking to move to Canada.